SONOBOT design objectives were usability, robustness and versatility, paired with high-performance of the on-board sensors.
SONOBOT is a small, simple and usable platform for planning and executing a hydrographic survey that can deliver accurate geo-referenced bathymetric measurements and high-quality imagery with minimum transport, launch and recovery efforts.
Specifically for the SONOBOT, EvoLogics utilized the patented S2C broadband communication technology to build an advanced single-beam echo sounder, capable of delivering precise and accurate depth measurements even in very shallow waters. The side scan sonar, GPS system and other equipment options were pre-selected among commercial off-the-shelf products to best fit the SONOBOT platform and offer the user the best configuration for his particular requirements A system consists of
- 2 float hull with built-in water jet system and battery
- Waterproof hull with computer, antennas and HD camera
- Sonar (single beam) from 0.5m to 60m depth radio Control
- Land station with antenna with GNSS 2 with high gain
- Transport boxes for the entire equipment
- Data transfer to land station via WiFi
- Spare parts and tools